1. Join a community for support and feedback (writing critique group, writers’ association, etc.).
2. Know your publishing platform (self-publishing versus traditional publishing and the benefits of each to determine which is right for you).
3. Attend and/or exhibit at book events, festivals, etc. This gives you visibility to readers.
4. Market yourself and your book by leveraging social media and other platforms (e.g. print, television, radio, etc.).
5. Treat your writing as a business (track your expenses and maintain good financial records).