Here are 5 steps he shared for landing speaking engagements:
1. Determine what market is ideal for you.
* You can't market to everybody.
* You must target your market (teenagers, women between the ages of 30 - 50, college students, parents, etc).
2. Put together your positioning.
* You are the main ingredient, you make you different.
* Do you want to be a keynote speaker - speaking for 45 - 60 minutes? or A workshop trainer?
* Decide whether to promote yourself as a speaker or your topic.
* Incorporate "you" into your presentation - be yourself.
3. Put together a brochure.
4. Market your speaking availability to the people in your market.
5. Leverage your booking.
* When you speak for a group ask for multiple bookings.
* If th…