Teleseminars are a great source of information. This evening I listened to host, Steve Harrison interview his good friend, James Malinchak, who shared several tips on how to get started giving paid speeches - even if you're a complete unknown in your field.
Here are 5 steps he shared for landing speaking engagements:
1. Determine what market is ideal for you.
* You can't market to everybody.
* You must target your market (teenagers, women between the ages of 30 - 50, college students, parents, etc).
2. Put together your positioning.
* You are the main ingredient, you make you different.
* Do you want to be a keynote speaker - speaking for 45 - 60 minutes? or A workshop trainer?
* Decide whether to promote yourself as a speaker or your topic.
* Incorporate "you" into your presentation - be yourself.
3. Put together a brochure.
4. Market your speaking availability to the people in your market.
5. Leverage your booking.
* When you speak for a group ask for multiple bookings.
* If the program that you're presenting is satisfactory, ask for a testimonial letter to go into your marketing kit.
The bottomline is that you need to think of yourself as a MARKETER who is marketing your speaker services. Great tips!
For more information, you can visit www.speakingformoney.com
- dee / lawrence
- Author | Blogger | Workshop Facilitator Visit my website at www.authordeelawrence.com to learn more about my romantic suspense novel, Gotta Let It Go, which is set in Baltimore. Connect with me online @ thewritepen (Twitter and Facebook). Thanks for visiting with me today!