Teleseminars are a great source of information. This evening I listened to host, Steve Harrison interview his good friend, James Malinchak, who shared several tips on how to get started giving paid speeches - even if you're a complete unknown in your field.
Here are 5 steps he shared for landing speaking engagements:
1. Determine what market is ideal for you.
* You can't market to everybody.
* You must target your market (teenagers, women between the ages of 30 - 50, college students, parents, etc).
2. Put together your positioning.
* You are the main ingredient, you make you different.
* Do you want to be a keynote speaker - speaking for 45 - 60 minutes? or A workshop trainer?
* Decide whether to promote yourself as a speaker or your topic.
* Incorporate "you" into your presentation - be yourself.
3. Put together a brochure.
4. Market your speaking availability to the people in your market.
5. Leverage your booking.
* When you speak for a group ask for multiple bookings.
* If the program that you're presenting is satisfactory, ask for a testimonial letter to go into your marketing kit.
The bottomline is that you need to think of yourself as a MARKETER who is marketing your speaker services. Great tips!
For more information, you can visit www.speakingformoney.com
- dee / lawrence
- Lawyer | Romantic Suspense Author | Speaker | TV Junkie | Foodie | Sweet Wine Addict | Savvy Shopper You can visit my website at www.authordeelawrence.com to learn more about my romantic suspense novel, Gotta Let It Go, which is set in Baltimore. You can also connect with me online @ thewritepen (Twitter and Facebook). Thanks for visiting with me today!