Anyway, here are a few things I was definitely proud of myself for doing:
- Hiring a publicist to revamp my website as it's been neglected for far too long and I love the new look!
- Freshening up the cover of my first novel, Gotta Let It Go, relaunching the second edition and making it available online at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.
- Hiring an editor for the sequel, Gotta Get It Back - and yes this has been sitting for a few years. I'm shaking my head here because I'm guilty of not making this a priority amidst the craziness of life. But onward I go.
- Changing my look (new hairstyle) which came with a new level of sassiness.
- Diving into a new attitude about living, loving, and laughing out loud.
- Embracing when folks do their own thing and being there to support them when needed without hesitation.
- Striking a balance between work and play and knowing I can't win them all.
Nevertheless, there were a few things that remained constant:
- Meeting with my monthly writers' group and enjoying the company of my fellow writers. We even incorporated having an icebreaker before our meetings. With only a few minutes to discuss a single question, we got to learn more about each other.
- Loving and taking care of ME: gym time, spa time, alone time, and chill time with family and friends.
- Reading and enjoying written words from some of my favorite authors and some new ones too.
- Enjoying the arts - love, love, love the new productions of Baltimore Center Stage and yes I will truly miss Kwame Kwei-Armah. He did an excellent job!
- Connecting with my readers via my monthly newsletter.
- Networking with my fellow creatives online and in person.
- Being thankful for all the blessings bestowed upon me.
Toward the end of the year, I was given a blow by the loss of a good friend. This created yet another pause as to how I wanted to live my life in 2018. Moving forward, I promise to write more because he would have wanted me to, live my best life with no regrets, love unconditionally, embark on new horizons, and be happy above all else!
So, 2018 here I come!! #fearless #fierce #boundlessjourney