About Me

My photo
Lawyer | Romantic Suspense Author | Speaker | TV Junkie | Foodie | Sweet Wine Addict | Savvy Shopper You can visit my website at www.authordeelawrence.com to learn more about my romantic suspense novel, Gotta Let It Go, which is set in Baltimore. You can also connect with me online @ thewritepen (Twitter and Facebook). Thanks for visiting with me today!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

"Keeping Things in Stride"

Well, this winter is certainly serving up some very cold, cold, cold, below freezing weather. While I thought I was bundled up and protected from the harsh freezing weather this past week, my home was not so lucky. So, after coming home, grabbing a shower and trying to relax, I heard a sound that caused me to jump out of bed. Yup, you guessed it - water was gushing down the walls like crazy. Panic initially set in as I rushed to locate the main water line and turn it off. But, too late the damage was all done. After paying a hefty amount to the plumber for time and a half and fixing not one but two busted pipes, I'm now faced with soggy carpet, padding, ceiling and wall damages. Major, major sigh...but I'm trying to keep things in stride. I know this will take a while to be done: dry wall, paining, new carpet, etc. but it really could be worse. So, yes, I have no choice to keep things in stride! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment