Greetings! I want to take this time to wish everyone a wonderful and successful New Year. As I sat home and made reflections of the year past, I was thankful for the people who came into my life and expanded my creative circle. I was also thankful for the many experiences that I enjoyed as an author. I learned from the ground up that promoting and marketing my book, Gotta Let It Go, which was published in December 2010, was not an easy task. However, I was eager to learn as I participated in the following activities throughout the year:
• Two Talk Books Blogtalk Radio Interview, March 12, 2011 – This was my very first blogtalk radio interview and the host, Starla Faye, made me feel very welcome and gave me some good exposure.
• Interview with Patrick Tandy, Maryland State Bar Association, April 28, 2011 – This was my very first print interview which appeared in the May 2011 issue of the Bar Bulletin.
• Taste N Books Event, May 15, 2011 – This was my very first event as a published author. I had a very good time and met a really cool group of fellow writers who gave me some great tips and advice for participating in upcoming events.
• My novel won a Finalist award in the multi-cultural fiction category of the Next Generation Indie Book Awards and I attended the award reception in New York, May 24, 2011.
• Harlem Book Festival, July 23, 2011 – I had an author’s table at this event.
• Baltimore Book Festival, September 24, 2011 - I participated as an author in the Authors' Tent.
• I was the guest author at a book club (Beyond Books Book Club) on November 19, 2011.
• I have another blogtalk radio interview with Seriously Sensual Radio scheduled for January 21, 2012 at 8 pm. More details to follow.
• Indie Soul: Music & Book Boutique Bookstore (2437 St. Paul Street, Baltimore, MD 21218) - I'm very excited that my novel will be available at this bookstore very soon.
• Baltimore Urban Book Festival, May 6, 2012 (The Frederick Douglass-Isaac Myers Maritime Park) – I’ll have an author’s table at this event.
So thanks again for supporting me and stay tuned for my next novel coming soon this year!
Peace & Blessings,
- dee / lawrence
- Author | Blogger | Workshop Facilitator Visit my website at www.authordeelawrence.com to learn more about my romantic suspense novel, Gotta Let It Go, which is set in Baltimore. Connect with me online @authordeelawrence (Facebook) and @thewritepen (Twitter). Thanks for visiting with me today!