Greetings! I want to take this time to wish everyone a wonderful and successful New Year. As I sat home and made reflections of the year past, I was thankful for the people who came into my life and expanded my creative circle. I was also thankful for the many experiences that I enjoyed as an author. I learned from the ground up that promoting and marketing my book, Gotta Let It Go, which was published in December 2010, was not an easy task. However, I was eager to learn as I participated in the following activities throughout the year:
• Two Talk Books Blogtalk Radio Interview, March 12, 2011 – This was my very first blogtalk radio interview and the host, Starla Faye, made me feel very welcome and gave me some good exposure.
• Interview with Patrick Tandy, Maryland State Bar Association, April 28, 2011 – This was my very first print interview which appeared in the May 2011 issue of the Bar Bulletin.
• Taste N Books Event, May 15, 2011 – This was my very first event as a published author. I had a very good time and met a really cool group of fellow writers who gave me some great tips and advice for participating in upcoming events.
• My novel won a Finalist award in the multi-cultural fiction category of the Next Generation Indie Book Awards and I attended the award reception in New York, May 24, 2011.
• Harlem Book Festival, July 23, 2011 – I had an author’s table at this event.
• Baltimore Book Festival, September 24, 2011 - I participated as an author in the Authors' Tent.
• I was the guest author at a book club (Beyond Books Book Club) on November 19, 2011.
• I have another blogtalk radio interview with Seriously Sensual Radio scheduled for January 21, 2012 at 8 pm. More details to follow.
• Indie Soul: Music & Book Boutique Bookstore (2437 St. Paul Street, Baltimore, MD 21218) - I'm very excited that my novel will be available at this bookstore very soon.
• Baltimore Urban Book Festival, May 6, 2012 (The Frederick Douglass-Isaac Myers Maritime Park) – I’ll have an author’s table at this event.
So thanks again for supporting me and stay tuned for my next novel coming soon this year!
Peace & Blessings,
- dee / lawrence
- Lawyer | Romantic Suspense Author | Speaker | TV Junkie | Foodie | Sweet Wine Addict | Savvy Shopper You can visit my website at www.authordeelawrence.com to learn more about my romantic suspense novel, Gotta Let It Go, which is set in Baltimore. You can also connect with me online @ thewritepen (Twitter and Facebook). Thanks for visiting with me today!