About Me

My photo
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Lawyer | Romantic Suspense Author | Speaker | TV Junkie | Foodie | Sweet Wine Addict | Savvy Shopper You can visit my website at www.authordeelawrence.com to learn more about my romantic suspense novel, Gotta Let It Go, which is set in Baltimore. You can also connect with me online @ thewritepen (Twitter and Facebook). Thanks for visiting with me today!

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Black Writers' Guild Meeting - Getting Unstuck and Writing Again

On Saturday, December 5, 2015 I attended the Black Writers' Guild Meeting at the Enoch Pratt Library - Penn North in Baltimore, MD. Wilma Brockington-Parker presented a workshop titled: I'm Coming Out: How to Get Unstuck and Start Writing." She discussed the following objectives:

  • Self-discover what hinders you from writing
  • Participate in exercises to help spark your creativity
  • Learn strategies to get your thoughts on paper
  • Jumpstart your writing towards finishing a project
This workshop was very interactive. It included some writing exercises which we did individually and as a group. To tell you the truth, these exercises really got my writing juices flowing. So, I'm ready to get my writing on!

Here are some photos from the workshop.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email

Twitter