About Me

My photo
Lawyer | Romantic Suspense Author | Speaker | TV Junkie | Foodie | Sweet Wine Addict | Savvy Shopper You can visit my website at www.authordeelawrence.com to learn more about my romantic suspense novel, Gotta Let It Go, which is set in Baltimore. You can also connect with me online @ thewritepen (Twitter and Facebook). Thanks for visiting with me today!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

"Bowie Senior Center Book Lover's Expo"

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting and greeting fellow authors and readers at the Bowie Senior Center Book Lover's Expo 2012. This was the first event held at this location and I thought it was a great success. I had fun reading an except from my novel, Gotta Let It Go, and it was a joy to see the interest on audience's faces. At the end of the event, a fellow author introduced himselves and told me that I reminded him of an "energetic Laura Lippman" - I thanked him for the compliment and wished him continued success in his writing journey. Although this was a short event, I was able to network and form a bond with the readers. I look forward to working with Jenny Tringali, Assistant Program Coordinator for the Senior Center if ever there is another event.

Here's a link to an article posted in the Bowie Patch about the event: http://bowie.patch.com/articles/bowie-senior-center-to-host-book-lovers-expo






No comments:

Post a Comment