About Me

My photo
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Lawyer | Romantic Suspense Author | Speaker | TV Junkie | Foodie | Sweet Wine Addict | Savvy Shopper You can visit my website at www.authordeelawrence.com to learn more about my romantic suspense novel, Gotta Let It Go, which is set in Baltimore. You can also connect with me online @ thewritepen (Twitter and Facebook). Thanks for visiting with me today!

Monday, January 16, 2012

"Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!"

This day has great significance for us simply because of what Dr. King envisioned for us all which was captured in his infamous I Have A Dream speech. Interestingly, I just completed the 4 part Reinvent ME Live video challenge with Marshawn Evans today where she talked about realizing our dreams.

She talked about 5 dream shifters that will help us to recognize that our dreams should not be delayed and that we should walk into our higher purpose:

1. Deciding it's time.
2. Defining your WHY.
3. Upgrading your strategy.
4. Connecting with a Mentor.
5. Make winning your lifestyle.

With that being said, I leave this quote with you on this very special day:

"Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: - 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.'"


- Martin Luther King Jr., Speech at Civil Rights March on Washington, August 28, 1963

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email

Twitter