About Me

My photo
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Lawyer | Romantic Suspense Author | Speaker | TV Junkie | Foodie | Sweet Wine Addict | Savvy Shopper You can visit my website at www.authordeelawrence.com to learn more about my romantic suspense novel, Gotta Let It Go, which is set in Baltimore. You can also connect with me online @ thewritepen (Twitter and Facebook). Thanks for visiting with me today!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

October & All Things Halloween!

Everyone looks forward to the end of October as it marks the annual Halloween celebration. It is a time for the colors orange and black, decorated pumpkins, trick-or-treating, wearing costumes, visiting haunted houses, etc.

Today, my mentee and I went to a children’s costume party at a friend’s house. The kids came dressed in a wide variety of costumes from superman to a sea-faring wench to a pumpkin. The house was decorated with all things Halloween and there was no shortage of activities for the kids to do: they did a craft (decorating a picture frame with their names on it), play games including hitting the piƱata and scramble for candy and there was a balloon artist to create easy twist balloons of real life objects and animals. The kids had a great time and surprisingly so did I. This party allowed me to be a kid again even if it were only for a few hours.

We should all take time out to laugh and be silly! Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email

Twitter